There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

An Interesting Story

So this is pretty funny! The other day some family friends came over to visit and exchange (belated) Christmas gifts.

After talking for awhile, they gave me my gift. A $20 Gift Certificate to Istanbul (formerly Your Inner Vagabond) and a set of gift cards equaling $10 for Mocha Marianne's (formerly Bank Tower Coffee). I thanked them and they giggled to themselves, explaining they had quite a story to tell me.

In the weeks before Christmas, they were trying to decide what kind of gift to get me. They wanted to buy a gift card, but they wanted to buy one that was unique. They knew I loved coffee and decided to do some research for some cool and different places on the web.

When they sat down at the computer, they searched for unique coffee shops in Pittsburgh and stumbled across what they called "a great coffee blog". Unbeknownst to them, it was mine! They couldn't believe what they found.

5 comments:

  1. Nice. Mocha Marianne's is a cool place. I was disapointed when it left the Bank Tower but relieved when I found it across the street with the same owner (I am assuming that is the person who always works there.) Although the new location is not as cool as the old bank vault, the coffee is still just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick,
    Yeah, that is true! The old location was really cool. But there is a new coffee shop called Steamers located in the old Bank Tower location. I haven't checked it out yet, but if you have please share it with The Pittsburgh Coffee Pot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't tried it yet. I'm wandering if it's the same company that took over the old Gloria Gean's at Ross Park Mall also called Steamers. I haven't tried that place yet either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried Steamers today. It is pretty decent. They are doing a promo too since they are new. They gave me a bunch of card to give out and if people write their name and email on it, they get a free drink. I have a latte with brown sugar, cinnamon, and maple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nick! It's great to hear from you again!
    I do believe that the Steamers at Ross Park and the Steamers Downtown are the same. I have tried the Steamers at Ross Park and they are pretty good. I still haven't made it to the one Downtown, I'm going to try to soon. Keep me updated on you coffee travels and keep visiting the Pittsburgh Coffee Pot!

    ReplyDelete