There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Starbucks and Instant Coffee

In February 2009, Starbucks announced that they would release a new product in March, Starbucks VIA Ready Brew, an instant coffee.

In an online article from February 17 from CNN Money.com, the Starbucks Corporation chief executive stated that this is the company's way of fighting "misperceptions about affordability" for the coffee chain's brand.

Starbuck's VIA pack is offered in two varieties, Columbia -Latin America-Medium and Italian Roast-Specialty Roast-Extra Bold, according to the Starbucks Web site.

A single packet of VIA will sale for less than $1, a three pack is offered for $2.95 and 12 packs for $9.95, according to the CNN Money.com article.

VIA is currently only offered in Starbucks stores located Seattle, WA and Chicago, IL. However, locations in London will be coming soon, according to the Starbucks Web site. I am anxious to try this instant coffee.

I feel that most coffee drinkers either love or hate instant coffee. I was once very sceptical of it, but then I tried the Nescafe instant coffee. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It tasted just as good as a fresh brewed cup of coffee and it only took minutes to make.

Starbucks VIA has been receiving positive reviews on the company's Web site.

Have you tried Starbucks VIA? Tell The Pittsburgh Coffee Pot about it or share your thoughts on instant coffee!

3 comments:

  1. I bought some Starbucks this morning. It was a good investment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hogwash, I don't like instant coffee. I want it brewed and I want it fresh. I am a truck driver and I drink my fair share of coffee. The "Pilot" truck stop has the best coffee on the road. They have began selling their house brand so that you can brew it on your own at home. YUK! it was nasty. I will just buy it by the cup from there stores on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! Keep them coming! ;)

    ReplyDelete